Tuesday, November 26, 2013

tuesday morning/hedgehog

It is the week anniversary of the op date.. I feel like it is a milestone in the road to recovery.  The physio yesterday pointed out that the canadian canes were useful for walking in such a way that i bend the op leg at the knee joint, otherwise , thinking myself smart I was swinging my op leg out and around instead of walking normal .  I guess this why you have professionals come to instruct you.

I am expecting her to come at about 11 this morning.

The dog is looking very fluffy and I guess it is due to the very cold temperature outside, she loves the cold and her fur stands out around her like a broody hen keeping the chicks warm.  She knows the routine of the house now, and waits patiently while children get ready for the walk to school It is brilliant sunshine and with her hair all fluffed out on end, when the sun shines on her the silver tipped ends just glow.  

Great excitement… there is a hedgehog all curled up and asleep
in the chickens nest.  He/she must have been there all night.  The hen run is left open during the day so we can only imagine that it climbed in sometime during the day, curled up and fell asleep.. which means that the  chickens tolerated it and slept with it.. hedgehogs are small porcupines of a sort.. C is to take a photo of it.. and I shall try and post it on the blog.

Last year about this time I was in Istanbul, falling in love with all things turkish, C tells me that my nurse who comes today is turkish.  He is also a mid wife.. a sagefemme. as it is called in French.   In the Ordannace ( prescription) the surgeon orders the state licenced infirmiere ( nurse) to come every two days to change the pasement ( bandage).

This is a busy day for the family, lessons in all directions, deadlines to be met as everyone is dependent on others to keep appointments.  C teaches most of the day.  It does not stop until about 9 at night.

the morning of my op the porter who came for me said he spoke english, he was from Guadaloupe .  When he asked me a question in english someone had to translate it into french as I could not make out his accent.

C has just brought me a scrambled egg which I must say i can hardly eat.. it is tasty but I do not have much appetite.

The garden such as can be seen outside by bedroom window has two large crows who are clearing the garden of walnuts.  Their formidable beaks break them quite easily.  but they work the garden quite systematically, good militarists I would say.




No comments:

Post a Comment