Monday, November 25, 2013

monday morning 6 days after surgery

walking around… I find that I am able to traverse corridors, kitchen and bathrooms without sticks.. I find the sticks awkward.. have been up for 2 1/2 hours so am now back in bed, hoping to catch a few winks.  I have the oddest dreams at night, even so I wake every two hours or so, wake up uncomfortable
and sweaty.   if it is only 2 hours since taking  pain killers then I have to will myself back to sleep.  This is very difficult, but recently I have been dreaming of putting together and taking apart large bags, some of these are shopping  bags, some are suitcases, some are computer cases etc.  I spend the hours in a semi comatose state emptying and fitting the  bits back together.

I have lots to read some of it just trashy which unfortunately does not absorb me enough to distract.  So I am now into a history of women in the medaevial ages.. that helps, you actually read the sentence to come to grip with the meaning.    most of the fanciful romance easy read stuff can be put down and picked up several pages on and you have not missed much.

I think I am going to have to visit Spain and now Portugal in the autumn months.  EVery time I read more of the Wheelers blog I am blown away by the beauty of the country side and the architecture.




No comments:

Post a Comment