Wednesday, November 27, 2013

clever daughter/cold shower

well the pain from the tight bandage became quite nasty so C phoned the nurse who said to go ahead and change it, previous to this C had read as much as possible about cleanliness , sterility,  frequency etc

so at about 0830 we decided that I would have a hot shower, and change into clothes for the day and C would put a new bandage on that was put on while my knee was bent at an angle.
So turn water on in shower, hop and fiddle with the taps.. lukewarm became cold quickly.. cannot find the hot water said  I.. Oh.. forgot said daughter kids having large bath…!!!hop out of shower..as water became icy.  Goodness.. just what I was not wanting.

So We dried me off and C put on the hair dryer and in a way showered me with warm air  while I shivered into a warmed nighty.  Then wrapping me up well we took off the tight bandage, replacing it with another put on at an angle.  Hurrah.

C made me a little porridge.. nice and hot.. and am now back in bed, anti thrombosis stockings put on, hot water bottle on back and ice pack on leg.  Hot cup of coffee in hand.

I am a blessed woman with a wonderful child.  I know her siblings are grateful as I certainly am.


No comments:

Post a Comment