Friday, November 29, 2013

physio friday

Well, starting next week the physio can come daily, and that will make a difference.  She has a wonderful technique for lightly massaging the leg .  But she also corrects the small errors that creep in without supervision.  Also.. I am so used to pushing on, one forgets that this is not a good thing to do when one is recovering from surgery.  Really the pain, discomfort is there for a reason.. ignore it at your peril, sort of thing. .

To day we walked quite a bit, up and down the stairs.. there are 10 of them up and the banister was draped with something so I had to use the canes for both directions.  Then sitting up exercises and clenching, which I thought I was doing corruptly but not quite.  Anyhow. at the end of the hour I was ready to go back to bed,   icing up my leg and fell sound asleep.

Up to that point I was ready to take over the kitchen but think I shall give that up temporarily until I have these exercises down pat.

We are now waiting for turkish guy , who is the nurse…they work very long hours these people, his last appt is at 2000.    We are expecting him around 1730.


No comments:

Post a Comment