Tuesday, November 19, 2013

snowinf

i am awake st about 5   have been awake off and on… the pain is not any worse than what it hs been and so I am hopeful , 
I cannot tell you how very caring everyone has been.. the nurses, the porters.. in the waiting area before going in people kept stopping by and chatting to me. then in the o[perating room everyone ws introduced.. great shaking of hands the anaesthetists 2ho had been to see me often saidll now i want your dream of something you like doing.. so i thought of the tango.. yes he.. and with someone with a barbe  ire that unshaven look… next thing i knew I was in recovery ..and again every one ws solicitous.. what level of pain.. et .  then .. that is no hard to say.. in a level of one to ten  it seemed alike a 5.. but as i was only semi consciousso they appeared with a shoot of morphne.  
early in the day the anaesthetist put in to my had two interesting needles, with little tops, they are colour coded and have lid of them.. then attached all manner of things to these openings.. I saw one woman with a series of them on her face .. they looked odd  but they are very useful. as everything is injected through these two portals. 
i am sitting her in the dark but the blinds are open and the snow is falling visible by the street lights.. it reminds me so much of being on the prairies, walking home as a little girl standing under the street lamps looking up into the swirling flakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment