Wednesday, November 20, 2013

lunch

well this was a better meal.. poached fish cooked in some sort of bouillon.. it was delicious,  beans.(french )  a piece of cheese and then a salad  of leeks with a nice sauce.
for dessert
sugar fee apple sauce..

I am feeling quite cheery.. the snow continues like made.. so have cautioned C not to venture here, I shall be fine and I hate the thought of her being caught in this mess.
Unfortunately it is not really cold, for good driving you need at least minus 8 or so.. but it hovers around minus 2.. so the roads are slushy and slippery.

I honestly have never seen snow like this for ages.   Snowing since I awoke at 5 am and it has not stopped, there is a bit of wind with it. but it is building up on my little balcony.

I cannot emphasise how nice everyone has been .  Nurses, the cleaners.. the wonderful physio  are all helpful, charming, kind and patient.  What more could you want.  

The pain in my knee is now not as bad as it was earlier, the exercise helps, the physio said that since this new method of TKR people do not suffer as much and they heal quicker.  He manipulates the knee and then pronounces that all is well.  He spent about hour  with me.  You saw the machine.. what a nice thing it is, without any effort your part your leg is gently lifted up, ones knee is bent and then gently returned to a prone position.. this is repeated often.

I have just been visited by the dietician to discuss tomorrows meal.. I have asked for gluten free food as I find I am no longer very good with pasta and I knew they would give me lots of that as it is cheap and filling  This clinique is owned by the Swedes and they apparently have a lot to say about happens in this place.  They are putting their stamp on it.. They encourage  nd support research, but not glamour. not a bad combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment