Thursday, November 28, 2013

thursday much later

Desperate to get out of that mood of early morning I asked C to get me a job,   "give me something to do"  boredom.. must  mean that I am getting better?

We discussed lunch and as C schedule is always full any helping hand is welcome.. I will make salmon chowder.. get out the stuff and leave it at hand .. she did.. and then took off for her various chores for the morning… 

I felt quite rejuvenated after producing an interesting chowder, with delicious scottish salmon of which she had a had a large chunk.  I made a spicy chowder and left the rest for fish cakes for her to tackle.. had a  slung got dressed.. and managed to conquer the TV.. to watch the mindless  stuff they serve up in the day.  BUT there was the british parliament  live. 

A great deal of discussion about putting cigarettes into plain packages.  So a bit like a plain brown paper package.. with with 10, 20 30 etc cigs.  No advertising.  

The stroke  foundation had suggested photos of lung transplants //

the  shadow minister for health for the opposition a beautiful looking young woman, who should still be in school.. but that may reflect my age.. was interviewed, more or less supporting the govt.

Mark Carney now the head of the Bank of England announced that the emphasis was going to be away from individual home mortgages, but on to small business.  This is to start in January of 2014.  I could imagine the real estate agents getting geared up for home buyers to get on with it.. before the rules tighten. 

I wonder what the  tobacco companies actually think and IF the plain packages will deter anyone.

I have not heard of this being discussed in Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment